Well I knew this 60/60 thing would last a full 60 days. (See previous post holstedboyz.blogspot.com/2009/04/6060.html) So about 40 days into this experiment I was hooked. I was a much happier person and enjoyed people. BUT, I was tired of seeing God every hour in my outlook calendar. I was confused because I couldn't find where I was supposed to go, what I was supposed to do, who I was supposed to pick up, etc. It was just terribly hard for me to see all of these things cluttering my schedule. We ALL know I hate clutter and want; clean, easy to read instructions, and this was just craziness.
Putting God in my to do list was like putting my spouse in my to do list (sorry If I offend anyone). But, I was still determined to keep my meeting time with God. I know that sounds selfish to everyone, BUT I did it. I deleted my reminders and was still able to keep my 60/60 commitment. Actually towards the end of this plan I found myself calling on him much more often than every 60 minutes. It was insane.
YOU DO NOT have to PUT God into your schedule books, HE will meet you in the best and worst of times without a "TIME FRAME". You just have to be OPEN to HIM when he is knocking, awaiting your attention. That is what I have learned from this entire experience. YES! I will continue to meet with God every time; I stress, come across a difficult person, when I want to help someone, when my thoughts stray from what is pure, & when I just want to chat with my heavenly Father about what I am feeling or struggling with or even what I'm so thankful for...I will meet with him (and yes it is usually more often than every 60 minutes.
We are sinful people...By the Grace of God we are saved and that is an amazing gift. I am proud to say, I passed this challenge. But I am EXTREMELY Pleased to have grown in my journey with Christ to know that he is there always and wants to do life with me, not just when I call out to him for help. But Always. He is Always there for me no matter what. How cool to have someone love you through thick and thin without me having to produce something. This is true unconditional love I have found.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment