
Saturday We went to watch Jeff K & Ted play tennis and they won, thanks to the fans cheering section and maybe the opponent’s injury. But it was a good time, we all headed over to our home, ate together 6 adults and 7 children. The girls went swim suit shopping and the boys went to the K’s for a WII night. It is so good to have friends who have the same values as you and who will uphold Gods law when you stray.
Adam and I participated in a drama during the service (which I cried both times) It was very moving. We were asked to do cardboard testimonies. Some people did their coming to Christ testimony, how they’ve withstood destruction in their lives, how they have overcome hardships, it was very moving. Adam and I decided to leave it very vague, hoping it would touch more people. Because not everyone has had a child out of wed lock, not everyone was married as a teenager and is still together 10 years later, not everyone has had hardship thrown in their face in the form of a child who has undergone 3 surgeries, or a spouse with multiple health issues. So we went the VAGUE route…Leaving it simply

BEFORE ---------------------- AFTER
I DOUBT ---------------------- Still God Provides
I WORRY ---------------------- With God I have Peace
PEACE and PROVISIONS are Huge things for us. When we are stressed we can pray, talk it out and calm down the emotions knowing that in the big scheme of things – what we are going through doesn’t really matter…It will build our character, so we should learn from our experiences, but not continue to harp on the downtimes. God has provided for us from the first day we were married; through jobs, multiple kids, depression, chronic pain, surgeries, etc.…He has provided not only monetary means but he has provided us with Love and Respect when I doubted we would have these things.
Some of the best cardboard testimonies for me I wanted to share with you.
BEFORE ---------------------------- AFTER
Divorced Family, Absent father ---------------------- Found a Father in God
Controlling ---------------------- Trusting (a work in progress)
2 Divorces, remarriage, his / her kids ---------------------- 33 years together and 8 + grandkids
03’ Dad Died, Angry Bitter ---------------------- Growing in Christ- Saving Grace
Partying, Drinking, Playing in the clubs ---------------------- Praying, Worshiping, Playing for HIM.
Never Good Enough ---------------------- Love without Reason
These are just a few as there were MANY MANY more…

Adam and I signed up for 3v3 soccer. It was a good experience. Adam told me “Don’t let your true colors shine, or I will quit the game” Basically he didn’t want me to get too competitive. Which I agreed to…So we started the first game and we were doing really well 4-2 at half time we were losing, but it wasn’t about winning or losing really…By the end of the first game we were beat 7-5…Oh well. It was an odd feeling to be running around playing soccer and then inhale burger smell…not too good for the stomach, but after we started the 2nd game (which was with our family friends the Riley kids) youngest one is 17 years old. My stomach had settled and we were able to play 4 v 4 and let Kobie play with us and have all four of their family members out as well; Zach, Hanes, Erin, and Camden. We had a blast we tied 9-9 and went to a shoot out, of course I buckled under pressure, but so did two of the Riley kids, and we won. I’m sure had we been playing competitively the Riley kids would’ve taken us hands down, but we were having fun!!!

I was pleasantly surprised to see some spectators for soccer who didn’t really know us personally, it was great!


Baptisms in the YMCA Pool was great! The testimonies were awesome and it was very moving. Burgers and the BEST mustard potato salad (I do not like the mayo potato salad- YUCK! And that’s usually what they have…and they did but they had the mustard and I was so pumped). My kids screamed “YES!!! Pasta salad” which made everyone laugh. After I ate I was so dang exhausted from the sun and running…I laid down on the lawn and passed out. LITERALLY! I was like an elderly man in a recliner – close my eyes and I’m out. My husband woke me up shortly after SB had taken a picture of me snoozing. It was a good power nap; I wasn’t sure I’d make it to the car I was so sleepy.

All and all it was a fabulous time and we had a lot of fun hanging out with our friends and making new friends.
2 comments:
A good time for all...and yes, I think you were drooling while you were sleeping on the grass.
I love how adam had to tell you to not be so competitive.. hilarious
-Sean
Post a Comment