Saturday, October 11, 2008

Women & Children 1st

We had a very busy day today with Jacob's soccer practice. While he was on the field the four of us ran 3 miles. Complete with both Kobie & D bleeding. We came home washed up, ate lunch, and headed back out again.
Our sista to sister group had decided to do our (church is leaving the building) project at Women and Children 1st.

We are preparing food for the 25 kids during the mom's support group meeting Monday night.
*Larronda is also in our group, but she was out of town. Drew and her went to visit Tim.

But today was all about the kitchen for those at this specific safe house (top secret location). We worked for a little over an hour cleaning out the entire kitchen cabinets, wiping down everything, trashing the old expired items, moping the floors, organizing the cabinets with the "in-date" food items. The kids enjoyed and I think when they left they were happy that their daddy's were good dad's.








Here are some pics from today.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

D's face in the first pic cracks me up

sean

Crys said...

I love W&CF! For the last 3 years, I've been on their United Way allocation committee. They do an amazing job. Every time I have gone over there, I'm impressed by what improvements they have done since the last time I was there. Glad y'all volunteered there!