Monday, June 16, 2008

06/16



Jacob was invited to try out a year early for classic soccer so we are currently in the middle of the 4 tryout sessions...It's going well, I'm dreading the cost, but if he's good why not let your kid excel.
The other two will have to do other special things to make up for this. I don't know if any of ya'll do this, but we keep the total amount of money spent on each kid in a year the exact same. It's fair...Life outside of this home can't be fair, but I hope to keep it as equal as possible inside the home, same amount of chores too.

Kobie started his tutoring sessions with Adam's Aunt...and he LOVES it. School work during the summer by himself sounded bad, until he started it. He is actually reading the billboards which is a HUGE improvement. Anything to get him up to third grade level is great! And I think he's proud of himself which boosts his self image.

We went to the Aerospace center (IMAX) this Friday for family night. What a deal..$27.50 for an educational movie on Australia (Animals and land) and had coke and popcorn. $5.50 a person is a steal. It's really hard to entertain a family of 5. But you have to get away from the normal routine of your life to teach your kids, how to act outside of the home. I would recommend you do this with your family you will hear everyone kids talking during the movie, which makes you feel less self-conscious about your children chatting. They were excited about all the animals they had never seen before.

I learned something too...Did you know that a kangaroo mom is an incredible animal. During a rainy season she can have a toddler and an infant and a embryo inside of her. She will produce two different types of milk for each of her young. And she can hold her embryo (sustain growing and birth)...CRAZY until conditions are right for her to give birth. This is freakin' insane...Adam said I'm falling down on my duties. I don't know about that...but I think the Kangaroo is an amazing animal.

Saturday was CARTI bike race. Our fab 5 family and Crystal and Mrs. Becky and Nano manned the last rest stop for the bikers. We handed out bananas, apples, pickles, granola bars, and drinks. It was neat to see all the bikers and the boys actually were a BIG help to us. It's nice to see your kids being self-less. PICTURE Above
Sunday was father's day. Happy Daddy's day to all of you out there whom I didn't see. I cleaned Adam's shed for his present...How cheap was that? Then we had over all of our dads. My one and Adams 3...Considering he lived with his Papaw most of his life and he acts just like him. It's great to see a driven man with good old values. I love that.

Today we went to the Old Statehouse Museum (FREE) and the boys liked the music exhibit. The boys ogled over Dolly Parton's boobs and skinny waist in her green gown on display. Jacob asked me how her boobs could be that big and her waist so skinny. I then told him that her boobs were fake. He just looked at me with crazy awe...Dylan liked seeing his name with Bob Dylan and other great stars. They also liked the First Lady's Dress exhibit...well not so much the dresses, but the SHOES...Lord, they love shoes, but honestly they were giggling b/c some of these ladies had BIG feet I'm a size 9 and they were much larger than my shoes...All with the exception of the current Ginger Beebe wearing tiny athletic shoes with her ball gown...Apparently she had a broken foot during the ball. They thought the dishes with pictures of buildings on them were cool, and asked if we could get some of those. I explained they were china and no we couldn't' have any, but if they wanted to go be the president / Governor they sure could have some then. They enjoyed the train station where they got to play dress up and sit on the back of a makeshift train and pretend they were Mr. presidents...They found a sign they wanted me to take a PICTURE OF...Because they weren't allowed to say that word and there it was in a museum. :) Then we went next door to the Peabody (FREE) to watch the ducks come out for the day.

No comments: